Maude Findlay organizes a TV telethon that turns disastrous (which also includes losing the charitable cause that initiated the fundraiser). When Paul Anka’s gardener fails to show up to sing “My Way,” she must take matters into her own hands.
At Bea Arthur’s memorial, Norman Lear talked lovingly about Bea’s comic timing and delivery. It was the line “Better than Fontizou?” that he said was his favorite of her six years on Maude, and her reading of it has always stuck with him.
- whynot2day likes this
- ontojenesis likes this
- ursaminorjim likes this
- inconclusive-kid likes this
- quarecords likes this
- confessionsofamichaelstipe reblogged this from theatreaficionado
- imaginationgaymer likes this
- smileyjennybean reblogged this from theatreaficionado
- fuckyeahstephensondheim likes this
- theatreaficionado posted this